Just a few hings to watch for!
- One word replies - We all hate one word replies, but we all send them anyway. We’re busy!! Make sure you’re using your words where it’s necessary.
- Ignoring your texts - One or two texts unanswered is fine. But when it gets to the point of not responding to ANYTHING people send you, your pals could get the wrong idea.
- Forgetting to proofread. - We all send mistakes sometimes, but a once over of your texts before you send them could make a huge difference.
- Using too much sarcasm. - It’s hard to read (literally). Try to keep the sarcastic remarks for in person when you can easier tell that you’re joking.
- Texting when you’re mad. - Put the phone down, and step away from the keyboard! Cool off before you text.
- Checking in too often. - Just because you CAN keep constant contact doesn’t mean you SHOULD.
- Not paying attention to punctuation. - If you throw periods around like it’s your job, your pals could be getting the wrong message.
- Texting while you’re together. - If you’re hanging out with someone one-on-one, it might be best to put the phone away for a little while.
- Having important convos via text. - Try to talk in person as much as you can. Especially when it comes to the deep stuff.